Monday, June 15, 2009

Challenge Update

I forgot to mention how everything is going with the training, knee, and challenge, so here it is. Berni called me on it, so this is for you Bern! The doctor told me the muscles around my left knee are weaker than the muscles around my right knee. He gave me exercises to do so I can strengthen that knee. I also have some exercises to do that will help strengthen my core and hamstrings which are very important for running. I rested for the better part of two weeks and I am back to my running. I have gotten up to about 4.7 miles so far. Some days I feel much better than others, and the other day I ran my first sub 10 minute mile. The 10K Marie and I are running in is at the end of August, so I will be ready. I have been pain free and the training is great. I am also taking part in another challenge that is going to last through the summer. I ended up losing 8 lbs in the first challenge and have already lost a couple in this one. My ideal size fits me great now, and today I tried the next size down, just for fun, and I am almost there. I have lost so many inches in my thighs it is amazing. Still have work to do, but I feel healthy and strong. Thank you to everyone for your support.

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

Way to go!! That's awesome! I need to keep reading your updates to get myself motivated. I'm just so not into it...doesn't help that we want to have another baby. Maybe one day I'll get back to where I should be. Keep up the good work!