Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Running like crazy....

I thought I would also update any interested parties in the progress of my challenge and running. I have made it to my goal weight, which I will not disclose, but let's just say it is what I weighed in high school. I have lost so many inches I cannot even count and I have dropped right at 2 sizes. I still love my running and the training is awesome. I will run the 10K (6.1 miles) Aug 23rd in Dallas and I am still not sure when I will take a stab at the half marathon(13.1 miles). I think sometimes I want to do it this fall, but Chris thinks I should take it show and aim for the spring. He just wants me to take it all in stride so I don't get burned out or get hurt. I know he is right, I just get too ambitious sometimes. I ran 8.5 miles on my long run last week, and I am thinking maybe this week I could push my long run to about 9.5. I am trying to increase slowly to avoid injury. I am logging around 20 miles a week right now. If I did not have kids, I think I would be obsessed with running. I just get this feeling when I am out there like no other. It is my true passion, something that is just for me and nobody else. Chris has been great thoughtout this process too. I don't know if I thank him enough, but he is great. He offers suggestions, prices running gear, and asks how my runs are. Now, rather he really wants to know or not, I tell him. He may be bored hearing it, but he actually listens and praises me. So nice to share it with someone. I honestly feel like I will one day run a marathon(26.2 miles). Some may say I am crazy...I say...probably so....

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

AWESOME!!! Way to go Crystal! I think it's great that you have such a passion for running. Keep it up!

Berni said...

Crystal - You are awesome and keep up the great work. It's so great that you are to your goal weight and if you wish to go more, great luck to you and if you are happy where you are then I am happy for you too. You are making me jealous since I am only allowed to gain weight for the next 27 weeks :)