Saturday, June 5, 2010

American Heroes Run

So somehow I talked my brother into getting up early on Monday and running a 10K with me. It is kinda crazy how it all happened. I went to The Runner in Arlington for my mom to get some new running shoes. She has been walking for several weeks now and is starting to run some too. As she was getting fitted I was walking around and heard several people picking up race packets. I love love love racing, so I was interested. I started asking around and it was for a race benefiting Veterans the next day at The Ballpark. I called my brother to see if he would run with me and he said sure whatever, he is easy going like that. So the race started at 8:30 Monday morning and it was already hot. We have run 10K's together before, but always in the fall or winter. This was probably our toughest one. It was so darn hot I could barely breathe, and I have been running between 15 and 20 miles a week. We made it through in just over and hour and we had a good time. Maybe it will become a Memorial Day tradition for us. I sure like having a racing partner. Oh, by the way, I talked him into running it and he beat me by a few seconds! And who know the last time he ran! I run every week! UGH!

No comments: