Thursday, June 10, 2010

Water Fun

Friday afternoon I got off work early so the kids and I got home and headed straight for the pool. It was not that well thought out on my part, but the kids loved it. I had obviously never taken a toddler and preschooler to the pool by myself and did not think of what a task it would be. Well, neither child is afraid of the water so they just want to dive in. They were on a ledge in 3 ft water right next to me. Next thing I know they both start trying to jump off and I am supposed to catch them both at the same time! Then I had to explain that they could jump one at a time so I could catch them. Cameron was fine with that. Calleigh did not want to compromise. She would not wait her turn and just jumped whenever her little heart desired. Needless to say, we moved to the area of the pool with 1 ft water for the little ones. Then they problem, once again, was Calleigh did not want to listen. Cameron was playing so nicely and I was sitting in a chair in the water getting some sun and watching. The way the pool is set up is like a wave pool. You can walk in and out and it gradually gets deeper. Well, Calleigh would not stay in the water for long. She wanted to run around the pool area, and she wanted me to chase her. After about 15-20 minutes I gave up and took them both home kicking and streaming. I think next time I will wait until daddy can go with me. Fun....



No comments: