Friday, May 29, 2009

First Dentist Visit wow i feel so bad for him i almost talked to my kid about his teeth and how we are so siked for his first dentist apointment and i will make sure he is brushing his teeth good every night


We had Cameron's first dental visit a little earlier than expected. I was told by my dentist to start taking him at 3. Since he will be 3 in September, I decided it was a good time to start talking about the dentist and cavities. We brush and floss every night so I thought I was doing okay. He started telling me his teeth hurt one night and he was really crabby about it. I called a pediatric dentist and he got him in the next day. Apparently, he has two teeth in the back that the enamel did not form completely on, so he has cavities in them. I was so sad. I try to make sure he takes care of his teeth so I felt horrible for him. I have never have a cavity and I just figured if I take care of the kids teeth, they won't either. The dentist reassured me that this was not my fault and that the rest of his teeth look good. Either way, we have to have the cavities fixed, his appointment is June 8th. I took all the pictures I could of the event. I couldn't get any while I was holding him down for the dentist, however, so sad. I almost cried! He did really good though. It really helped that we talk about the dentist every night when we brush his teeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught my husband reading your blog last night because the title was first dentist visit!! It was funny, he was curious.

I can really tell in your face that you have lost weight!!! Thats so awesome

Miller Family said...

Poor guy! I hope he gets everything fixed.