Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's day has always been a special day in my family. It is a day we recognize all the things mom has always done for us. This year, I found myself feeling a little different. It was not my first Mother's Day, but I felt different about motherhood this year. I started to think about the kids. What would I be without them? It is because of them that I am a mother in the first place. I found myself wanting to honor them, instead of myself. I stopped to thank God for them, because maybe sometimes I take for granted that I am so blessed. I know it is nice to have a day to be "honored." My mother certainly deserves it after all she has done for my brother and I. I just found myself feeling humble, like I wasn't the one that should really be honored. I do what I do everyday, not for recognition or attention, but because I love it. I love being a mother and I don't really need to be thanked. Don't get me wrong, it is nice that Chris and the kids, as much as they understand right now, appreciate me. I was just thinking that even if they didn't appreicate me, it wouldn't change what I do. I love them and I will get them where they need to go, no matter how they feel about me. Happy "late" Mother's Day to all you mothers out there who keep on going, come what may.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crystal,

your words here embody what Mother's Day is all about - You selflessness, your Love and your dedication to our family are what make you the perfect Mom! Myself, Cameron and Calleigh are the ones who are blessed!

We love you an appreciate everything you do for our family

Chris